Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic
PAPE’ KENWORTH – ANCHORAGE, AK
DIESEL TRUCK TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
Do you love working on equipment and turning wrenches? Are you looking to grow your skills as a mechanic? Are you looking for not just another job, but a career? Pape’ Kenworth, the premier medium and heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer in the West, is seeking truck technicians for their team in Anchorage, AK.
At Pape’, you can count on us to heavily invest in your Technician career through training, resources, and support. We want to see you grow your skill set and experience, and in turn, provide excellent compensation, work-life balance, and benefits for you and your family. Come join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a Truck Technician, you will work on heavy-duty class 7 & 8 trucks in the shop ensuring the repairs are done accurately and timely, all in an effort to support our customers and maximize their uptime. Every day, picture yourself working alongside other trained Technicians in a shop that has all the support and resources you need to perform top-notch work on heavy trucks.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 or more years of bumper-to-bumper experience repairing class 7 & 8 vehicles. Will also accept candidates with a Diesel tech degree and a mechanical aptitude/background.
- Computer literacy and experience with Cummins and MX software.
- Driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL is preferred.
- Must provide own tools.
Starting Compensation: $23+/hr (Depending on Experience)
Why work for Pape’:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level.
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plans with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs.
- Progressive Vacation Plans, Sick Leave & Paid Holidays – Members receive 80 hours of vacation (First year is prorated for new hires based on start date), 24 hours of Sick Leave, and 7 paid holidays each year. Papé vacation plans also have tiers based on your seniority, so as your seniority grows, your vacation time off does as well.
- Advancement – Pape’ is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Pape’ is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 160 locations, over 4,500 members and 85 plus years of experience. Pape’ is known for their stability, honesty and integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.