Digital Media Sales Manager
Hearst Communications, Inc.
Digital Media Sales Manager
16WAPT, the Hearst Owned ABC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a Digital Media Sales Manager to provide energized leadership for our digital sales programs. You have experience with new media and enjoy staying up to date with its evolution, understands digital marketing strategy and excels in a customer-focused team environment.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals
- Meet with the local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with shared goals
- In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, lead weekly sales meetings; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meetings
- Evaluate seller performance and provide feedback
- Be a primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review important sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station sales guidelines
- Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs); meet client deadlines
- Meet with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; improve client retention
- Develop/strengthen business relationships with important station vendors
- Support local sellers in sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel
- Develop and produce non-traditional revenue and new sales programs
- Manage multiple expense budgets related to digital projects
- Work in partnership with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to achieve shared and strategic goals
- Provide training to Local and National sellers
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account
- Review new insertion orders
- Have a complete understanding of current digital marketing strategies including synergist values with other media.
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles
- Dissect an advertising Request For Proposal (RFP); identify important revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and a winning response
- Prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients
- Have the skills to manage others
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, and One Domain/WO Media Office
- Valid driver's license and reliable automobile
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Hearst Television (HTV) owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. HTV is recognized as one of the industry's premier broadcasting companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service.