Director, Commercial Excellence (ATS Business Model)
About ATS Corporation:
Advance your career with ATS, a global industry-leading automation provider to the world’s most successful companies, creating solutions that positively impact lives around the world.
ATS is a global supplier of automation technologies, products, and solutions to a broad range of end markets including the Life Sciences, Pharma, Food & Beverage, Electric Vehicle, Consumer, Nuclear, E-Commerce and Specialty Automation sectors. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Cambridge, Ontario, ATS is a public company and its shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ATS. ATS employs approximately 6,000 people at over 50 manufacturing facilities and over 75 offices in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and China.
AT ATS, we want you to bring your real self to work, you share and live our values (people, process, and performance), and you will demonstrate the behaviours that support them.
Position Title: Director, ATS Business Model (ABM) Commercial Excellence
Department: ATS Business Model (ABM)
Reports To: VP, ABM
The Director, ATS Business Model (ABM) Commercial Excellence, is responsible for facilitating and driving the successful implementation of the ATS Business Model within ATS's global commercial organizations to drive improvement in Commercial (Sales & Marketing) processes and execution in support of profitable growth for ATS.
What Will You Do:
• Integrate lean thinking into Commercial (front end of the business) processes. Develop and deploy critical growth tools for the ABM along the entire commercial value stream. May include Pricing Excellence; 8020; Sales Funnel Management; Key Account Management, Strategic Selling process; S&OP/Forecasting; Market Visibility & Segmentation; Digital Marketing; and Demand Generation – that can be used by Corporate and business units. Be the organization-wide expert in these commercial tools and processes
• Work closely with Sales and Marketing leaders to define and implement Commercial Excellence KPIs and apply ABM growth tools thoughtfully to maximize impact on these metrics
• Lead/coach Sales and Marketing leaders and teams to install and drive ABM Fundamentals: aligned metrics, impactful Daily Visual Management, structured Problem Solving, and breakthrough Kaizen events
• Benchmark and define best practices and processes for Sales and Marketing to leverage across global ATS commercial organizations. Deploy, improve and sustain standard work for key Sales & Marketing processes
• Assist in establishing and achieving the Goal Deployment and Strategic Plan objectives, focusing on growth/commercial priorities
• Engage and educate employees across all levels to build a culture of continuous improvement and enable individuals and teams to utilize ABM tools to drive results
• Directly provide formal and informal ABM training and coaching
• Provide expert facilitation for Kaizen events and other Commercial Excellence engagements
What We Will Need:
• 5-12 years of Commercial experience including marketing or sales management in a corporate setting
• Deep experience in front-end business processes and demonstrated success in driving continuous improvement in these areas; from marketing demand generation to pricing and sales opportunity management processes
• Demonstrated ability to identify metrics related to front-end business processes, with improved results through effective process change and organizational change management
• Experienced using various foundational ABM (lean) tools (i.e., 8020, Daily Visual Management, Problem Solving, Transactional Process Improvements) and Kaizen events to drive change
• Able to clearly and effectively communicate lean principles and their impact on commercial processes
• Direct experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and initiatives to drive organic growth for a business
• Superior communications skills, including being able to communicate with all levels of the organization, including those where English is not their primary language
• Superior training skills and adult learning theory coupled with excellent consulting/influencing skills
• Good writing and administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in time management
• Willingness to travel ~40-50%
Join our Corporate ATS Team because:
We VALUE our People: The foundation of a great company is having the best team which is why we continuously work to develop, engage, empower, and energize our people.
We have GREAT Work Perks: We provide a variety of perks to our employees. Make sure you ask more about our flexible work schedules (where applicable), employee events, free coffee beverages, and employee referral program.
We offer COMPETITIVE Total Rewards: Competitive starting salaries, paid vacation, company paid short and long-term disability and life insurance, comprehensive health benefits, 401K matching program, Employee Incentive Bonus program and optional Employee Share Purchase Program.
We support internal GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT: ATS Corporation offers endless opportunities for professional growth and development, including tuition reimbursement programs and our commitment to promoting from within.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
ATS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. ATS Corporation's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
ATS Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.