Director, Data & Analytics
Hearst Communications, Inc.
For over 20 years, iCrossing has been partnering with the world’s largest B2B and B2C brands to provide connected marketing & technology solutions that transform brand experiences and marketing strategies into superior business outcomes. Our human centric approach evolves customer experience, employee experience, and user experience across digital and physical channels powered by data and intelligent creative.
We believe our biggest asset is our combination of different backgrounds, cultures, and disciplines that come together to form iCrossing community. What we do starts with our people.
We are part of the Hearst Corporation, the world’s leading media, entertainment, and content company, which gives us access to the most valuable data and insights, talent and audiences.
About this job
iCrossing is seeking a Data & Analytics Director for the Digital Data and Analytics team to build and lead our growing Data Organization. The role needs strong Digital Measurement experience (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) in addition to data modeling for Customer Data and designing/implementing data pipelines. Any experience in customer data platforms like Adobe Experience Platform is a big plus. In addition, you will lead data science initiatives to build and design models to support personalization, modeling, and activation.
The Digital Data and Analytics team is responsible for generating insights from a variety of digital marketing initiatives, including websites (desktop & mobile), social media, mobile apps, email, customer relationship management databases, coupons, eCommerce platforms, and sweepstakes. The Digital Data and Analytics team is involved in all digital client engagements.
The areas of focus include Digital Measurement, Data Engineering, and Data Science involving 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party customer and sales data. In addition to working on high visibility accounts and across many digital channels, the role may need to collaborate with our internal sales, account management, creative, strategy, tech, database, and project management teams whenever the need arises. Finally, iCrossing is uniquely positioned with a large 1st party data repository and the Data and Analytics Director will be leading intellectual property development to unlock the potential as a service offering.
What you’ll do
• Lead teams supporting Enterprise clients by providing oversight, design, thought leadership, and technical direction on strategy and implementation of their customer data supporting marketing and sales.
• Architect and build innovative data solutions leveraging 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data for internal and external programs and portfolios.
• Develop and implement an approach to multi-channel/multi-tactic data solutions including architecture diagrams/documentation.
• Create and drive digital data roadmap(s) necessary for growth to support experience transformation experiences.
• For new business, lead solution design, new business pitches, project estimation, scope definition, resource allocation, and project timeline development for data initiatives.
• Develop strategies for data management and governance policies using client constraints.
• Build a high-impact data delivery organization with onshore, near-shore, and off-shore resources.
• Assessments/audits of existing client digital ecosystems and recommendations for optimizations based on communicated client objectives, proven past successes, and industry best practices.
• Audits recommended technical solutions, and training for enterprise clients’ Analytics platform implementation.
• Implementation of testing strategies (process, unit, stress, etc.) to validate adherence to specifications.
• Processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering, as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables.
• Effectively engage internal and external technical, C-Suite and senior leadership resources throughout the engagement lifecycle.
• Create internal and external knowledge sharing in the form of blog posts, whitepapers, best practices, methodologies, internal trainings, etc.
• Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
• Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within Digital Marketing and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
Who you are
• 7+ years’ experience hands-on implementing or managing daily operations of consumer data, digital marketing, digital analytics, ab testing, personalization, and/or BI solutions (for example Google Analytics (Universal Analytics and GA4), Tealium (IQ and AudienceStream CDP), ActionIQ/MetaRouter, Adobe Target/Analytics/Experience Platform/Launch, Google Marketing Platform, Rudderstack, Optimizely, Sitecore, Marketo/Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Eloqua, Microsoft CDP/PowerBI, Tableau).
• 7+ years architecting and implementing complex omni-channel marketing solutions across website, SEM, media, mobile, and email for large corporate environments.
• 7+ years as a consultant (agency, consultancy, etc.).
• 5+ years designing and implementing data repositories and models in cloud architecture from AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
• Proficient in building data pipelines including ETL functions and streaming data ingestion.
• Proficient in data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
• Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
• Experience working with and creating analyses and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
• Experience producing project estimations, scope definitions, resource allocation and project timelines in pre-sales and/or migratory environments.
• Superior problem-solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical and solution-driven, growth-oriented mindset.
Our Mission & Values
The iCrossing mission is to Transform Experiences. The “we” is implied, but never taken for granted. This mission impacts the way we work, the way we think, the way we treat one another, and the way we evolve into what we want to be. We operate as a community of humans, and we can adapt and evolve because we are guided by values not rules.
Our core values map back to our vision.
Be Kind: lead with compassion. What you truly know about someone’s life is very little.
Lead with Candor: know the line. Is what you say true, good, and useful?
We Before Me: lead for others. The sum is always going to be greater than the parts.
We evolve clients for a human-centric future - creating a better world for everyone.