Director, Data Engineering
San Diego, CA
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
The primary role of Engineering function within Product Development team is to create specifications and designs for new products or improvements and enhancements to existing products. Works closely with customers, developers and other stakeholders to understand and define customer needs in these designs. Features are aligned to a timetable and areas of responsibility. Developers may solicit customers for feedback regarding product usability and desired future enhancements. Software Engineers who design, write and test code for the product should be matched in the either Software Engineering Applications or Systems. Product developers who specialize in hardware systems should be matched to Hardware Engineering.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities
- The primary objective of Data Engineering specialization within Engineering(PD) Job Family is to build large-scale data processing systems.
- Key responsibilities include implementing data pipeline integrations and solutions, incorporating highly scalable cloud computing and large scale data stores including data lakes, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Works closely with data architects to determine what data management systems are appropriate, and data scientists/analysts to determine which data are needed for analysis and provides required data analytics tools.
- Focuses on the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives that help achieve orgnisational mission. Implements organization strategies through the effective direction and management of employees and resources.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional roles.
- Leads larger number of employees, multiple sub-teams, or large teams with complex or highly technical responsibilities.
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience.
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems, has in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated versatility.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!