Director, Engineering and Continuous Improvement
Lion Group, Inc.
In this role, you will provide vision and leadership for the Engineering & Continuous Improvement organization for Operations, developing and overseeing Engineering and Operational Excellence efforts for LION Americas. You will also align Engineering and CI activities and projects with Company goals and efforts, provide expert guidance and support, strive to reduce Total Delivered Cost through Operational optimization, and develop processes, equipment, automation, and Culture across Operations.
- Proactively leads Engineering and Continuous Improvement for PPE, reporting to VP, Operations
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, and coordination of the Engineering and CI team. Oversee operations of engineering and Lean/CI activities throughout Operations.
- Ensure Engineering execution strategy and skills are improving, and are providing timely and accurate bills of materials and drawings, process improvements, design, project tracking, and technical expertise and implementation across the facilities.
- Organize and develop department structure for current and future needs
- Keep informed of industry, operational, mechanical, automation, Lean, etc. trends, methods and technologies.
- Lead the establishment of Lean/CI strategy, development, training and implementation
- Capture benefits of Lean/CI program and Engineering to report to Leadership
- Serve as a technical coach and mentor for Engineering and CI projects, developing project skill sets, tools, and knowledge
- Provide support to ensure robust organizational change management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of experience in Engineering function in manufacturing environment – apparel industry a plus
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience, preferably with Certification (i.e. Greenbelt, Blackbelt)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required, or equivalent work experience.
- Desire to embody the Core Values and be a Culture Leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS Word, Excel and Power Point proficiency, with excellent presentation abilities.
- Experience with Oracle, AS400 or similar ERP system a plus
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Highly flexible and able to react constructively and with a positive attitude to multiple demands, shifting priorities, change and unexpected events.
- May be required at times to perform light lifting and carrying (30 lbs) and up to 8 hours a day on standing/walking/ driving.
- Ability to travel by plane, car, train or other modes both domestically and internationally.
LION offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive compensation plan, medical/ dental/ vision insurance, 401(K).