Director, External Reporting
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Director, External Reporting - Carmel, Indiana
The Director, External Reporting will report to the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, manages the SEC reporting manager and collaborates with other members of the global finance organization to ensure the Company’s external financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations. We are looking for a hardworking, intelligent accounting professional to help support the next phase of a growing, multinational public company. This role will be responsible for preparation of all financial filings with the SEC. This person will also develop and update corporate accounting policies and procedures relating to a wide variety of accounting issues, as well as reaching conclusions on complex accounting issues and transactions.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation of annual report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K, and any other financial filings as required by the SEC, including preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and footnote disclosures
- Assisting in the review of quarterly earnings releases
- Working with external auditors to address accounting issues and facilitate the review and audit of SEC filings
- Purchase accounting for acquisitions, including determination and allocation of purchase price as well as other business valuations
- Benchmarking against peers on financial reporting practices and determining best practices for the business
- Overseeing technical accounting topics such as lease accounting, pension accounting, derivative accounting, accounting for divestitures and impairment testing of goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible assets for the enterprise
- Assisting the Chief Financial Officer and Controller with executing their obligations to the Audit Committee to the Board of Directors
- Remaining current and proactive on new accounting guidance affecting the company, informing management of potential impacts of accounting developments from standard setters as they emerge, including ESG
- Assisting in the interpretation and implementation of new technical accounting standards and pronouncements
- Providing guidance on and keeping current all internal financial policies
- Preparing position papers on complex accounting transactions
- Drive digital transformation efforts within area of responsibility
- Partner with other finance staff to resolve accounting issues as they arise with business units
The value of this job to Allegion is to ensure that the company’s financial statements, disclosures and policies are in accordance with GAAP, while proactively understanding the effect of future pronouncements on the business units and enterprise as a whole.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA is required
- The candidate must have extensive experience with SEC rules and U.S. GAAP
- 5 to 10 years with a national or global public accounting firm required, with further experience in a Fortune 1000 firm in SEC reporting preferred.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of total experience.
- Experience with consolidations (Hyperion, OneStream, etc) and financial reporting tools (Workiva) preferred
- Requires strong interpersonal communication skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work for Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”.
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
Not sure if your experience perfectly aligns with the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification and every single preferred qualification of a job posting. At Allegion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every item in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer