Director, Finance H&W – Pharmacy
What you'll do...
Drives long-term financial planning by partnering with different departments to assess overall pharmacy corporate goals; establishing and communicating information about financial targets; identifying and reporting risk levels determined for the overall financial plan; providing actionable insights for specialty and the pharmacy business, participating in the build of the pharmacy strategy providing insights on market sizing and opportunities, facilitating consensus about financial decisions across departments, reviewing pharmacy payer performance and making recommendations to the business to drive growth and retain market share. Lead pricing for pharmacy contracts including pricing products for pharmacy at retail.
Collaborates with senior management to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals, providing trends related to pharmacy performance and corporate objectives; providing feedback to management regarding risks associated with financial projects; supporting business unit budget process; new payer planning and pricing, providing insight on relevant historical trends, expected future events, and pharmacy retail trends that can disrupt or accelerate strategic plans.
Manages complex control structures to mitigate risk of financial misstatement by examining and monitoring at different stages; participating on cross functional teams to develop new processes; ensuring proper controls are present in new and existing financial functions; and working to enhance reporting transparency of company financial systems.
Provides strategic input for business decisions by producing complex financial models that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations; participating in strategic business case presentations to senior and executive management; and communicating forecast, assumptions, and variances to senior management.
Assists with global consolidation of the company's financial statements, internal management financial reporting, and financial analysis by ensuring the accuracy and inclusion of financial packs from all specialty operations; reviewing and analyzing balance sheet fluctuations; working with in-country financial teams to resolve financial and timing issues; researching items; obtaining and verifying explanations for variances; preparing financial schedules; and completing assigned financial calculations.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 7 years’ experience
i n accounting, finance, or related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
2 years’ experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Strategic Planning, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organizationMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification