Director Human Resources
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with management to ensure alignment of Human Resources strategy and execution of Gold Strike’s and overall company’s strategies.
- Directs the human resource functions for Gold Strike and collaborates with Centers of Expertise and HR leaders to seamlessly implement and execute HR programs.
- Leads union relation activities at the property.
- Translates gaming and hospitality-specific business drivers and threats into actionable plans to deliver HR-related results.
- Translates current and future business needs into an integrated strategic People Plan, prioritizing efforts based on business impact and available resources.
- Identifies organizational and critical skill gaps within the gaming and hospitality populations and proposes and implements solutions.
- Establishes, promotes, and maintains a proactive positive employee relations climate; interfaces with key stakeholders regarding employee relations.
- Recommends procedures and process improvements to improve overall employee engagement, the department’s efficiency, the delivery of services, or to reduce risk.
- Serves as a consultant to the leadership team and provides advice, counsel, guidance, and support regarding HR matters.
- Oversees, measures, and monitors the effectiveness of the staffing function.
- Determines sourcing strategy for talent attraction.
- Partners across the organization to develop recruiting brand and improve candidate experience.
- Implements recruiting best practices that are supported by the business.
- Monitors HR compliance requirements in the business and works to mitigate any human capital risk.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in Human Resources practices and management and identifies opportunities to incorporate as appropriate into HR and business plans.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise/manage a department and have authority over hiring/firing/performance decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of Human Resources experience, including three (3) years in a leadership role.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Operational experience in a Hospitality, Gaming, or similar setting.
- Employee and/or Labor Relations experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen and operational understanding of resort casinos.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills focused on organizational and team success.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to provide consultation and build strong relationships with senior leadership, peers, and subordinates.
- Able to use Microsoft Office tools, HR enterprise systems, and recruiting technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and verbal forms.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all‐inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
This position may require strenuous physical activities and exposure to pipe, cigar, and/or cigarette smoking. An ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, weekends, and holidays may also be required. Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Occasional travel and overnight stays are required.