Director, Ingredients Strategic Sourcing
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, KS
Lead Ingredients procurement team in the sourcing of a variety of high quality raw materials and focus on optimizing the value stream through the development and execution of both near-term (e.g., RFPs) and multiyear (e.g., sourcing strategies) campaigns, risk management strategies, and prioritization of initiatives in support of business objectives. Lead the management of supplier relationships; align priorities with internal stakeholders such as business leaders, Research & Development, Operations, and Quality; supervise operational procurement-led campaign implementations, including cross-business units where appropriate; and continuously seek/encourage the surfacing/exploration of opportunities to maximize total value delivered to Dairy Farmers of America.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Category Management: As an expert in dairy ingredients, guide teams in category spend analysis and prioritization. Guide development of category strategies using playbook and tools, including cross-functional engagement and operational procurement-led change management. Ensure RFPs and negotiations follow established SOPs, utilize DFA-developed tools, and follow DFA policy. Develop and flawlessly execute rigorous multi-year cost savings plans
- Risk Management: Lead development of risk management strategies, including documentation/analytical tools, that lead to recommendations for applicable commodity purchases using physical and derivative positions. Ensure team collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g., legal, QA, and operations) to minimize supply risk, deliver long-term value, and assure supply by ensuring DFA-authored Master Agreements are in place for spend whenever possible
- Business Support, Cross-functional Leadership, Continuous Improvement: Engage with leadership and key stakeholders to understand business objectives, interpret/recommend Ingredients procurement support and priorities, and establish measurable overarching team and individual-specific goals tied into the business objectives. Follow up with leadership and key stakeholders at establish individuals to keep apprised of evolving business needs, solicit feedback on team performance, and agree on modified plans for prioritized activities in response to the evolving environment, with measurable deliverables
- Lead engagement/utilization of operational procurement team, agreeing on priorities, service levels, and ways of working
- Lead, develop, mentor, train, and recruit a diversified team of managers and purchasing professionals
- Ensure Ingredients procurement is providing customer-oriented service to the business by establishing credibility and strong relationships with key stakeholders in all functions
- Develop and report metrics and KPIs to track and measure Ingredient procurement performance against market standards and business objectives
- Develop additional KPls where appropriate to better inform internal and external customers of Ingredient procurement’s performance
- Comply with DFA policies (e.g., financial policies, procurement policies, confidentiality and risk management policies) and communicate policies to suppliers and stakeholders to minimize risks
- Live DFA’s core values - let them be the guiding principles for every decision in the procurement process.
- Comply with external regulations and requirements for all categories under teams’ management
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.