Director of Insurance and Risk Management
Consolidated Grain & Barge Co.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!Do you have 10+ years procuring a variety of insurance policies including, property, marine, cargo, workers compensation and general liability? Do you possess advanced skills assessing an organization’s risk exposure and coverage, negotiating policies, developing broker relationships, and communicating any concerns to senior management? If this describes you, please apply today to the Director of Insurance and Risk Management position with CGB Enterprises. This job is primarily responsible for performing as a senior risk management and insurance position in the organization with authority to make decisions on risk management and insurance and claims issues affecting the organization. This position is accountable for achieving strategic objectives, ensuring effective risk transfer (typically insurable risks) for the organization and supervising, leading and directing key risk stakeholders.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on area managed.
- Implement and lead area(s) of responsibility to align with the organization’s overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Report findings on risk exposures to senior management.
- Implement strategies to manage insurable and/or hazard risks. Stay abreast of current trends in the insurance marketplace.
- Direct the purchase of insurance programs (e.g. Property and Casualty, Marine, Cargo, Cyber, Management Liability, Trucking, and others); includes working with company stakeholders to gather required underwriting data.
- Direct a program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims, gathering data on the claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of clams. Also responsible for post loss reduction techniques such as salvage and subrogation.
- Manage relationships with third parties including insurance brokers, underwriters, claims adjuster and others.
- With the assistance of the legal department, review contracts to ensure provisions related to insurance mitigate exposures to the company to an acceptable level.
- Manage surety program.
- Direct a program to obtain and distribute insurance certificates in compliance with the company’s contractual arrangements.
- Report monthly to the business units the status of open claims.
- Participate in due diligence related to insurance matters for business combinations.
- Oversee staffing and job development activities (hiring, training, employee performance management, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, etc.); empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals, provide performance expectations that align with company goals.
- Plan, implement, and update system(s) to reflect changes needed to support business functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in field related to work being performed or equivalent training and work experience.
Preferred – Master’s Degree in field related to work being performed.
Required - 10 years' progressively responsible experience related to work being performed OR equivalent training and work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of business, supervision, and management.
- Expert knowledge of area of responsibility and understanding of the company and its position in the market/industry
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Excellent management and leadership skills, or ability to learn and incorporate (where applicable).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and secure sensitive information.
- Ability to fully analyze problems and provide strategic solutions.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside where there are limited extremes to heat and/or cold; moderate noise; a normal office environment.
Travel required, specific travel requirements dependent on area supported.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. We are unable to legally hire anyone who is not eligible to work in the United States nor are we able to sponsor visas.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.ID:uDnQdo