Director of Marketing
Fenner Dunlop Americas, LLC
Fenner Dunlop is looking for a Marketing Director to join our team!
Fenner Dunlop, a Michelin Group company, designs and manufactures the widest range of bulk material handling conveyor belts in the world. We strive to be the premier provider of the safest and most reliable conveyor belting and services to a variety of heavy industrial markets such as coal mining, hard rock mining, sand, gravel, wood handling, power generation, pulp and paper. Fenner Dunlop provides North American made belting, manufactured at our facilities located throughout the United States and Canada. For over 150 years, Fenner Dunlop has researched, designed, developed, manufactured, and tested its conveyor belting products, supporting nearly any type of conveyor application, and providing the right solutions to protect conveyor system investments in the harshest conveying environments.
We care about giving people a better way forward – that’s our purpose and what motivates Fenner Dunlop employees every day. As the Marketing Director at Fenner Dunlop, you’ll not only have the opportunity to put your expertise to work, but you’ll also have the opportunity to lead and mentor employees who will look to you to be empowered and to care about their wellbeing. As you develop and implement Fenner Dunlop’s strategic marketing plan, you’ll have the opportunity to direct a team of marketing professionals to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Leads the development and implementation of a mid- and long-term strategic marketing plan for growth and financial success
- Directs the FDA marketing team and collaborates with the shared service center marketing team to achieve plan objectives
- Responsible for the organization’s annual marketing budget and aligns with team for proper distribution and management of budget spend in the department
- Leads the product marketing efforts including managing the new product development process, new product launch process, and optimizing the marketing of our premium/value added products and solutions
- Develops a deep understanding of existing belting product portfolio and applications for all belting and related products/services
- Utilize end user customer insights to recommend new products and product line extensions and liaise with the technical team to determine development requirements
- Formulate marketing and pricing strategies aligned with FDA strategy based on insights and analysis of data and trends from internal and external data sources
- Ensures FDA is the leader in the marketplace in brand perception
- Manages active lead generation initiatives to accelerate pull through distribution and well as pushing programs through our distribution channel for growth
- Introduces/implements new marketing automation tools/software
- Utilize existing and new resources for dissemination of marketing materials, messaging and sales tools (Seismic Sales Enablement Platform, ZoomInfo, CRM platform, etc...)
- Participation in industry events, conferences, trade shows. Travel to customer/distributor sites as required (Professional behavior is required during working hours, while on customer/distributor sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business)
- Provide mentorship and support to other sales/marketing/business development colleagues.
- Professional behavior is required during working hours, while on customer's sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business.
- Works safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same, both internally and externally, ensuring a strong safety culture
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Drive the desired leadership culture (ICARE): Inspire, Create trust, Awareness, Results, and Empowerment.
- Create an inclusive, positive working environment that encourages communication and rewards collaboration and teamwork.
- Hire, train and invest in the continued development of your team by leveraging strategies such as goal setting, frequent check-ins, feedback, and coaching.
- Be an advocate for employee engagement. Encourage participation in the annual engagement survey and fully commit to the resulting action plans.
Scope of Responsibility
The Marketing Director has responsibility for assigned annual marketing goals and objectives in line with overall corporate FDA objectives; Collaborates with Conveyor Solutions North marketing counterparts in Europe to better align on overall CSN marketing and business strategies; Works within assigned budget; High level negotiations, Comfort with Executive Level interaction (internal and external).
Required Experience/Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the belting industry or related industry or equivalent combination of education and experience selling/marketing engineered/industrial products to large end users/national accounts.
- Minimum of 2 years of Director experience managing a marketing team and/or high impact strategic initiatives
- Thorough understanding of budgeting, strategic planning, cost controlling, and resource allocation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proven team building, decision-making, and people management experience.
- Strong communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and connect with both top level management and manufacturing plants.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and discretion of information and other related matters as required.
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's license and passport.
Preferred Experience/Education Requirements
- Master’s / MBA degree in Marketing or relevant discipline.
What We Offer
At Fenner Dunlop, a Michelin Group company, we care about work/life balance as well as the health and financial wellbeing of our employees and their families. So, whether you’re considering family planning, trying to decide how to best care for your family, or want to make a difference through volunteerism, you’re sure to find Fenner Dunlop’s competitive and comprehensive employee-focused benefits package helpful.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on your first day
- Medical Travel Reimbursement for critical healthcare travel over 100 miles from home
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% of your salary
- Extensive Paid Parental Leave in the event of a birth or adoption
- Opportunities to purchase Michelin Stock at a discounted rate
- Michelin Tire Rebates
- Employee Assistance Program that provides health, financial, and legal counseling among other resources
- Interested in more details on our comprehensive employee benefits package? Just ask