Director of Service, Janitorial Equipment & Repair
North American Corp. Of Illinois, Graphics & Technology Group
We are seeking a results-driven, customer-focused Director of Service to oversee our Equipment Service & Repair Division. Must have a proven record of leading a service team and innovative strategies to deliver exceptional results. This role will report into our Vice President, Operations & Customer Service.
The Director of Service oversees the entire janitorial service and repair division in the United States, including Regional Service Managers as direct reports, as well as any future centralized roles such as Parts, Dispatch, etc.
The Director of Service is responsible for the reputation, efficiency, and profitability of the Envoy Solutions Janitorial Equipment and Repair program.
The Director of Service must have strong leadership and organizational skills. Effective communication skills are required to work with customers, employees, and vendors. You are also required to maintain the profitability of the division while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
As with all positions within our organization, the Director of Service is expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Work Location: This is a Remote position requiring travel up to 50% of the time.
- Directing the hiring and training of employees for the service, parts, and online parts programs. Identifying and developing future talent with additional training as needed.
- Directing and scheduling the activities, performance, supervision and development of all department heads and direct reports. Guiding and leading implementation and regular use of any systems that run the division.
- Creating, distributing, collecting, and evaluating KPIs, and working with those who aren’t hitting KPIs to correct the issues.
- Updating and maintaining the Equipment Service and Repair Playbook, and ensuring the Playbook is being followed.
- Creating and maintaining a positive relationship with customers, ensuring that department staff are helpful, as well as making customer satisfaction a priority to ensure referral and repeat business.
- Building and managing relationships with vendor partners to drive growth and improve profitability.
- Working with regional managers to improve profitability and efficiency.
- Regular communication with Regional Vice Presidents, General Managers, and other senior leaders within Envoy Solutions to keep them informed and gain support for the Envoy Solutions Janitorial Equipment and Repair program.
- Preparing an annual operating budget, goals, and objectives for each department, and monitoring the departments’ performance.
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Developing and managing the warranty programs for Envoy Solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of service management experience is preferred
- Service Manager: 5 years (Preferred)
- Must have experience with branch management systems
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategies
- Desire to coach and train teams to exceed their goals
- Excellent computer skills needed, including intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Excel
- Ability to work in and build a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be analytical, problem solve and multitask
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic presence in a team environment
- Strong written and communications skills
- Consistent and stable work history
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.