Director, Product Manager, World Wide Patient Safety IT, Global Risk Mgmt. Technology
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Summit East, NJ
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Worldwide Patient Safety group is responsible for ensuring the safety of our medicines: The Worldwide Patient Safety group is responsible for pharmacovigilance and pharmaco-epidemiology deliverables including single case and aggregate safety monitoring, safety reporting, contribution to benefit-risk assessment, risk management planning and strategy, and execution of certain post-marketing commitments and ensuring compliance with global regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a highly experienced PV Expert with 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. The ideal candidate should be tech-savvy and have a deep understanding of automation and the implementation of AI in PV. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with global PV regulations, managing safety data, providing expert advice on safety issues, supporting inspections/audits, implementing systems, managing vendors, and reporting and analytics.
You will provide highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. You are also responsible for communicating decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests projects, and initiatives.
You will proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business units. As Director, Product Manager, you will be required to partner with safety leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
You will need to serve as a “trusted advisor,” and will be the primary IT point of contact for business line executives and managers. You will operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities.
As Director, Product Manager, you will provide support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. You will focus on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area while striving to understand market challenges, including customer priorities and competitive issues.
You will need to be proactive, self-driven, and anticipatory in your thinking while providing significant value to business units. You will facilitate the investment intake process and the high-level planning and execution of business initiatives through the use of technology. You will serve as a lead role in enabling the business to achieve its objectives through the effective use of technology.
This role requires close working relationships with Global Operations, Global Risk Management and epidemiology, WW Patient Safety Capabilities and Innovation, Data Partnering, Worldwide Patient Safety Japan, Global Drug Development, Enterprise Information Management, Pharmacovigilance Scientists, Epidemiologists, Medical Safety Physicians, and Risk Management.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of PV Strategies and processes to ensure compliance with global regulations.
- Provide expert advice on safety issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting of safety data.
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory authorities and industry associations.
- Stay up to date with the latest PV regulations and industry trends.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) business needs with a focus on automation and implementation of AI in PV Processes.
- Lead the implementation of automation and AI initiatives in PV.
- Support inspections and audits by regulatory authorities and internal/external auditors
- Manage vendors to ensure compliance with PV regulations and contractual obligations.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Create a consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that stakeholders have the solutions they need when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and deliver quality work using strong organizational, communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills in a cross-functional team.
- An ability to work independently across multiple projects and to meet deadlines.
Degree /Experience Requirements
- Bachelors, advanced degree highly preferred; experience in drug development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in PV Operations, System Implementations, Project management, Digital Development, and Change management.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.ID:uDnQdo