Director, Project Engineering
Trex Co., Inc.
When you work at Trex, you’re helping to grow and enhance a true original. You join a company that boldly launched an entire industry … and still leads the way.
We are looking for our next Director of Project Engineering to set strategy and direct activities for capital strategic planning and execution for Trex Co. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving continuous improvement in quality and productivity by optimizing the use of assets to deliver strategic projects and initiatives; manage projects, including creating plans, harnessing resources and time and expense management; and implement operational efficiencies.
As our next Director, Project Engineering, you are a skilled leader of a complex project portfolio with strong strategic thinking and priority-setting skills. You have strong problem-solving and communication skills, and you are comfortable building and managing teams. In this role you will utilize your understanding of manufacturing processes to deliver strategic projects and initiatives.
- Create a thorough and robust strategic capital plan
- Effectively plan individual projects at a detailed level
- Manage execution of individual capital projects and the overall plan
- Manage a portfolio of active projects for the fiscal year
- Communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Build a strong team by focusing on team member growth and providing pathways for development to high potential team members
A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or related field along with 10 years’ of experience in an engineering environment are required for this role. If you have experience in project management and strategic planning, we want to hear from you!
Being a leader means persevering even when there’s not a road map; embracing groundbreaking as a way of life. We encourage multiple perspectives and welcome diverse people who problem-solve, adapt and innovate—always with a firm foundation in safety and integrity.
WHO WE ARE
Over 30 years ago, our founders created the world's first high-performance, low-maintenance composite decking and outdoor living products. That entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today as we continue to redefine our industry and lead the way for what’s next in outdoor living. Today, Trex is the world’s #1 brand of sustainably made, wood-alternative decking and deck railing – all proudly manufactured in the U.S.A. As a publicly traded company [NYSE: TREX], we take pride in being the largest recycler of plastic film in the country and caring for the communities and the planet where we live. We nurture meaningful connections, from local engagement and investment to eco-friendly products and sustainable manufacturing processes.
Everything we do is grounded in our values and guided by our beliefs. We are looking for candidates who embody our core values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Act with Boldness and Authenticity
- Drive Sustainability
- Innovate and Adapt
At Trex, you’ll become part of a diverse yet unified team who sustain the trailblazing spirit and strengths that made Trex the industry leader—learning, adapting, solving and succeeding.
We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives, and we encourage you to bring your best to help us shape the future of Trex.
BENEFITS & PERKS
We believe that effort should be rewarded. We take care of you as part of our Trex family so you can take care of yours. Here are some of the perks beyond the paycheck:
- Time Off - We’ll give you paid holidays and paid vacation.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance - Choose from a variety of options. We’ll cover a generous share of the cost. Plus, you can earn lower rates through our wellness program.
- 401(k) With Company Match - Save for your retirement and we’ll match it dollar for dollar.
- Tuition Reimbursement - We’re all about lifting each other to the next level. When you’re ready to get the degree, we’ll pick up part of the tab.
- Training and Education - We offer dozens of options to boost your performance – both online and on-site nearby.
- Stock Purchase Program - Invest in Trex at a discounted price.
- Employee Discount Program - When you make the World’s No. 1 Decking Brand, you’ll probably want to enjoy the finished product yourself. We’ll give you a discount.
At Trex, you can take pride in craftsmanship. There’s an art and a science to what we do, and we never stop working to refine and improve. That means no matter how long you’ve been with Trex, you have ongoing opportunities to grow your expertise—enhancing your career, your team, and our shared efforts. You will help shape our future.ID:uDnQdo