Director, PVC Decking Systems
Director – PVC Decking Systems
The Director – PVC Decking Systems, under the direction of the Sr. Vice President, is expected to deliver major technical and financial contributions that will lead to a significant number of commercial successes for the PVC decking product line and continue our industry leadership for this category. The individual will lead and manage a Research team, and create long-term sustainable advantage for the company utilizing our Stage-Gate system to successfully lead product development and cost reduction projects from ideation, through development, validation, and launch. The individual will have an in-depth knowledge of product and process development and champion processes to maximize launch success. The incumbent is recognized by other functional managers as a key contributor. The incumbent will display a commitment to Core Values.
- Works on problems of diverse scope across a range of technical and business areas.
- Works on complex goals that require effort to define and organize. Responsible for defining and leading the project to deliver the solution.
- Effective business acumen. Translates business needs to R&D projects and staff effectively. Can communicate the impact of R&D projects and tools effectively to peers in other functional areas.
- Expected to have innovative design advances for product and process development.
- Required to network, internally and externally, to acquire information for projects and identify future opportunities.
- Develop project schedules, incorporating key tactical items for other functional areas.
- Effectively lead and mentor the scientific and technical staff.
- Required to effectively present complex or conflicting information.
- Required to adapt to the audience and present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- May personally lead complex or critical projects. Form strong relationships with peers in other functional area to align and manage resources, schedules another functional area, and deliverables for projects.
- Ensure projects have clear FFU. Understand the competitive environment and create sustained competitive advantage for the company.
Education: Minimum of 10 years of technical experience and an MS or PhD in physical science. Minimum of 5 years of technical leadership experience.
Other desired skills:
- Program and Project Management experience.
- Strong background in manufacturing systems, data collection, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership. Track record of commercially successful projects.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Expertise with Product Development and Innovation tools.
Candidates should be data-driven decision-makers. This role will work across AZEK sites as required by the project. The candidate will need to become an expert in our current manufacturing processes and lead the Stage-Gate process for their area.
Candidate soft skills: Collaboration at all levels of the organization, presentation of technical concepts to technical and non-technical partners, and business acumen.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several geographic markets. The annual salary for this position ranges from $134,500 in our lowest market up to $165,500 in our highest market, plus bonus, equity, and benefits as applicable. The pay for roles at AZEK varies depending on a wide range of factors including but not limited to the specific work location, role, skill set, and level of experience.ID:uDnQdo