Director, Quality Assurance
Genesys Aerosystems Group, Inc.
Mineral Wells, TX
Qualified candidate will be responsibile for developing, implementing, and coordinating the Company’s quality management system to demonstrate its ability to provide, consistently, product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements. Addresses customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including continual improvement and the prevention of nonconformity. Prevents or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- Manages one subordinate manager who manages department inspection personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong managerial, leadership, and diplomacy skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have industrial experience in an FAA regulated environment.