Director, Research & Development
Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing
Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
The Director of R&D will be the product development leader for all Membrane products. In this role, you will lead a team of technical managers, chemists and engineers to drive innovation, cost reduction and manufacturing support.
Organizational objectives for this position include creating a vision for developing expertise and skilled personnel in the R&D group and implementing this organizational strategy. This includes identifying relevant R&D resources, hiring and training them as per established strategy.
- Establishes and manages R&D strategy for membrane products and drives innovation
- Leads, motivates and develops a team of Technical Managers, Chemists, and Engineers
- Responsible for Research & development of membrane products and processes
- Interface with equipment suppliers to develop processing technology
- Work with manufacturing and engineering groups to facilitate successful transfer of new technology.
- Demonstrate effective technology decision making.
- Provide guidance and direction in setting the company's Technology Roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership that influences and sets company direction for Research and Process technologies.
- Represent membrane R&D in providing cross functional/department leadership.
- Work effectively with other department leaders to drive company strategy and initiatives
- Develop and communicate membrane R&D strategic objectives. Understand the impact and implications of R&D strategy to the overall company strategy and ensure alignment.
- Review, establish and prioritize projects that support Marketing, Purchasing and Manufacturing objectives.