Dirt Operator (Tulsa, OK) – Austin Industrial
Austin Industries, Inc.
About Austin Industrial
Austin Industrial delivers premier maintenance, construction, and soft craft services to leading industrial companies across the U.S. An industry leader for more than 60 years, we offer single-source solutions to our customers in the oil, gas, chemical, food, agriculture, power, and manufacturing industries. Our team of 4,000 employee-owners, equipped with innovative technology and optimized procedures, helps owners optimize safety, productivity, profit margins, and cost-efficiency.
Must be able to operate electric, diesel, gasoline, or steam powered power construction equipment, such as a motor grader, bulldozer, scraper, shovel, derrick, tractor, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader or other power equipment to excavate, move or grade earth, erect structures, move products, equipment, or materials to and from industrial work areas by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pushes and pulls levers and depresses pedals to raise, lower, and rotate boom and to raise and lower load line or to raise and lower blade or bucket.
- Raises, lowers blade or bucket, and rotates boom or load by sight or according to signals from helper.
- Inspects equipment for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate machines.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate loading of dirt, rocks, and other materials.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Cleans, maintains, and lubricates equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Certification/License: Valid State Driver’s License
Experience – 3-5 years of operating equipment experience.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.