Colonial Materials, Inc.
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The Capitol Materials Coastal, Inc. Dispatcher directs and coordinates the ordering and delivery of materials to customers in day-to-day operations. The Dispatcher adheres to and promotes corporate policies and manages the general use of equipment, trucks, delivery personnel and materials. This employee directs all activities that concern delivery, warehouse, and facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the fast, accurate processing of sales orders, setting up job’s information, confirming & appropriate reports which support sales order processing
- Processing credit memos on the computer
- Assist customers with will call orders
- Supervises delivery crews, conducts performance reviews and employee orientation, and coordinates driver training
- Schedules and dispatches crews to maximize time efficiency and monitors labor costs on each job
- Computes payroll accurately and on time
- Trains new helpers on how to perform job safely and correctly
- Completes new hire and training paperwork in a timely manner
- Responsible for triple count and job completer program
- Responsible for office/dispatch and yard/warehouse cleanliness
- Responsible for ensuring that trucks are clean
- Performs job in a safe manner
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and customers
- High school diploma, required
- College degree, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform basic math skills
- Ability to quickly read a road/geographical map and communicate directions
- Organization skills demonstrated in job performance
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions with limited guidance
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze all information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERID:uDnQdo