Distress Trending Engineer, ASE Military (Hybrid)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
As an Engineer on the Aftermarket & Sustainment Engineering (ASE), Military Engine Distress Trending & Repair Initiation (DTRI) team, you will work closely with the full cross functional ASE team inclusive of Design, Part Family Leads, Tooling, Validation, Programs, and other P&W groups to identify required repairs, evaluate repair cost effectiveness/return on investment, develop Ground Rules and release them for repair development. As a member of the DTRI team, you will provide key support to our military customers as assigned on the F135, F119, F100 and TF33 platforms.
- Trending of component distress modes for assigned programs and/or hardware, utilization
- of roadmap processes, and related activities to effectively predict repair development needs.
- Develop technical task work scopes and create proposals for new task recommendations
- including Repair Assessment Work Sheet (RAW) and Cost Effectivity Analysis (CEA) as required.
- Provide data for and participate in periodic Logistics Program Management (LPM) or Component Aftermarket Integrated Product Team (CAIPT) spares planning events or related events for assigned hardware such as Deep Look.
- • Ensure repair tasks are appropriate for designated maintenance level capability and consistent with overall system integration requirements.
- • Work closely with Program Manager(s)/Lead(s) to ensure a healthy waterline of repair tasks are available to meet program requirements
- • Engage with other departments (CSE, HSE, EDSI, etc.) to ensure alignment between ASE’s repair tasks/proposals and other department tasks/proposals.
- • Interact with USAF/JPO customers at repair reviews and regular task discussions.
- • Support Analytical Condition Inspection (ACI) Events.
- Bachelor of Engineering
- 5 years of prior relevant experience or 3 years with an Advanced degree.
- US Person Status required due to government contract.
- 3 years’ experience as a Repair Development Engineer, familiar with repair methods and documentation.
- •Explains policies, practices and procedures of the work area to others within the organization, influencing decision-makers with recommended courses of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo