Distribution Center Picker Packer
Distribution Center Picker/Packer
Reports to: DC Supervisor
Location: Phoenix, AZ
A Picker Packer is responsible for sending out inventory to customers or storefronts.Their role is to read incoming orders, quickly and efficiently selecting items from warehouse shelves and adequately packaging those products for shipment. Picker Packers have an in-depth understanding of the warehouse’s layout, and confirm that stock inventory is accurate throughout their shift. Pickers will perform basic quality assurance by inspecting goods and their containers for possible damage before packing them to be shipped, and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
**Primary Responsibilities: **
- Picking orders
- Packing/palletizing orders
- Complete all applicable systemic transactions
- Unloading trailers & containers
- Product put away
- Cycle counting
- Dispatching as required
- Operate applicable equipment
- Abides by all established organizational policies, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Trained or able to be trained to operate applicable powered equipment and tools
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Ability to use or be trained to use Radio Frequency (RF) scanners and tablets
- Knowledge and ability to use Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) systems. Epicor is a plus.
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to operate all applicable equipment and tools
- Working with other departments
- Accurate picking and packing results
- Meet established picking/packing productivity goals
- 6 months Radio Frequency RF scanner experience preferred
- 6 months picking/packing in a performance measured environment preferred
- Familiar with warehouse safety regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
You should be proficient in:
- Packaging Experience
- Meets Physical Requirements
- High School / GED