Distribution Center Supervisor – 12:00 PM
HD Supply, Inc.
HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is looking for strong leaders. Join our leadership team and help to build our 'One Team' culture in our Northlake, IL facility! We're seeking a hands-on Distribution Center Supervisor to directly manage approximately 2-3 leads and 20-30 associates in the 12:00 PM outbound shift, M-F. You will be responsible for selecting, coaching and developing our warehouse associates.
- BS/BA degree is a plus, but not required.
- 4+ years’ experience in a distribution operations role in a high volume DC.
- 2+ years supervisory experience of leads and 10+ associates.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Strong team building and associate engagement skills.
- Outbound, case pick, shipping dock experience.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- Warehouse equipment to include forklift, pallet jacks, order picker, pick to voice, conveyor.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
- Flexibility to work various hours.
Perks for our HD Supply Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility.
Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment standards, and operational goals are attained.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution operations.
- Designs, develops and manages the distribution department budget.
- Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
- Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and return on investment.
- Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.