Distribution Production Scheduler
WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Summary: The Distribution Production Scheduler will be responsible for planning and scheduling outbound order processing for various product groups within distribution operations. Perform outbound operations modeling and capacity analysis, recommend, and coordinate the execution of the daily production plan.
- Daily analysis and scheduling of pending outbound orders. Review available capacity and inventory status in order to schedule the production of outbound order documents/transactions necessary to meet daily production plan goals.
- Daily analysis and scheduling of special order processing requirements including expedites, reserved inventory, value added services, product substitution, and customer service special requests.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all Warehouse Management System databases and control settings that affect outbound production planning and execution. Write SQL rules necessary to execute specific wave processes.
- Coordinate the posting of reserved inventory to separate allocatable warehouses within the host system with customer service
- Review and troubleshoot any exception order statuses, resolve inventory imbalances/availability issues in order to meet daily production goals
- Test and review updates to order planning/waving system tools, recommend and implement approved system control changes
- Develop and provide management reports on execution of the outbound production plan. Utilize system report writing software to develop ad hoc queries as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Distribution Operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years working within a Distribution environment with direct utilization of a Warehouse Management System is required. PKMS or Manhattan Associates WM Open Systems experience preferred. Previous warehouse/distribution center operational leadership role preferred. Previous experience as WMS super user or WMS trainer preferred.
- Position requires ability to coordinate across departments, both internal to the distribution center and within the company (customer service, marketing, sales, transportation). Office environment. Position requires extended periods of time utilizing a personal computer to gather and process information. Daily requirements to coordinate activities on the warehouse production floor.
- Advanced software skills with database inquiry, report writing, spreadsheet development preferred. Strong communication skills required. Must be capable of analyzing data and making decisions/recommendations based on the analysis.