District Sales Manager
Insulation Distributors, Inc.
IDI Distributors is America’s largest family owned and operated wholesale insulation distributor backed by over 40 years of proven success. With over 500 employees in 55 locations across the country IDI prides itself on providing best-in-class customer service to the residential and commercial construction industry.
Compensation: $88,962 - $126,325 + bonus (DOQ)
The District Sales Manager is responsible for management oversight of profitable growth across all District Locations including developing and mentoring all sales and operations personnel, all safety procedures, inventory accuracy and retention of all branch employees.
- Managing Sales – Primary responsibility is the management of profitable growth of IDI sales across all district branches; responsible for topline & bottom line growth of all locations
- Oversight of all safety protocols and ensure all safety procedures are in full compliance with corporate directives. Ensure adherence to training programs for safety, customer service and product knowledge
- Oversee the development and mentoring of all branch sales and management personnel with the focus on long term retention and fostering a customer service culture
- Identify needed positions and initiate hiring for all sales and operations positions including interviews, hiring and onboarding process and training.
- Retention of current customers; develop new customers while continuing to grow profitably and delivering great customer service. Each DSM must have a direct relationship with the top 20 customers in each market.
- Annual sales forecasting, budgeting and AR review as required as well as monthly P&L reviews with Branch Managers; Regional Director and Executive Team as requested.
- Responsible for district oversight including safety, inventories, turnover and retention of all district employees.
- Regular presence at all district locations and maintain an active role in the overall health & strength of the all branch offices
- Other duties as beneficial to IDI
- Leads Self
- Communicates Effectively & Candidly
- Drives for Results
- Demonstrates Accountability
- Takes Initiative
- Leads Others
- Selects Top Talent
- Develops Others
- Thinks Strategically
- Builds a Strong Culture
- Proven results in sale of building materials
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Proficient in PC usage including Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strategic planning, sales management and negotiating and vendor management experience
- Ability to maintain existing and develop new relationships with vendors, customers and employees
- Ability to travel an average of 60% of the time
- Ability to achieve set goals in a timely manner
- Detail-orientated, ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years in sales and employee development; insulation or building material sales experience preferred