The Division Manager oversees all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations, represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal customers and other external stakeholders, and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business Unit.
- Implements and executes plans to complement the market areas strategic operation.
- Oversees safety and accident preventions prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
- Leads operations, establishes a pro-active safety culture, maintains compliance with all standards including, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting, ethics and especially environmental to ensure community impact is minimized.
- Manages day-to-day operations, provides daily support to managers, assures quality and budget performance and ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained to maximize efficiencies and customer service.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures and performance by participating in regular P&L review to ensure that budgets are met and develops programs for optimal equipment utilization, maintenance and labor and material costs.
- Develops both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Market Area Manager or Regional Vice President.
- Works closely with maintenance and operations to ensure that the fleet and equipment is maintained in accordance with the DOT regulations, OSHA and Casella policy and procedures.
- Interacts with local, city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Manages and provides leadership to team members by effectively communicating, establishing clear goals and objectives, coaching team members on achieving goals, and ensuring access to training and development opportunities that assist employees in attaining the necessary skills to achieve team and corporate results.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws regarding employment and employee safety.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be self-directed and driven to take initiative, have a High School Diploma or GED and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics and a Certification in Project Management is preferred. Previous leadership experience is required and 10 years of experience in business or logistics is preferred.
Commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment and knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations is vital. Strong problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers is required. Excellent proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
Organized, team-oriented individual who is dependable, demonstrates leadership skills, is able to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Employee Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.ID:uDnQdo