Dock and Door Technician
Welch Equipment Co., Inc.
Millwright Service – We are a subsidiary of Welch Equipment Company. Welch is a Toyota/Raymond lift truck dealer and we service all makes/models of lift trucks and other warehouse equipment. Millwright Service handles all the fabrication and warehouse assembly for Welch. The applicant will be responsible for safely and effectively maintaining and servicing numerous types of warehouse equipment and systems to include but not limited to commercial dock doors, dock equipment and commercial entry doors.
- Read schematics, diagrams, blueprints in order to perform diagnostic and repairs
- Perform on-site repairs in the field as needed
- Service, repair, install and perform maintenance requests on commercial dock doors, dock equipment, high speed rolling doors, and commercial entry doors
- Design, fabricate and weld warehouse aftermarket product line
- Perform maintenance and install EOD’s, dock levelers, vehicle restraints, scissor lifts, dock seals and shelters, freight lifts and others as required
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse racking systems is a PLUS
- Basic mechanic skills are a must for job performance
- Adjust, lay-out, position, align and fit components required at each job site
- Proficient fitting and welding from shop blueprints
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Basic math skills
- Computer and tablet proficient in order to maintain inventories
- Customer Service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to lift up-to 50lbs.
- Valid and Insurable driver’s license and the ability to pass a drug screening
- MIG and ARC welding experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Life, STD, STD, 401K