Dock & Door Technician
Concentric is the first national industrial power services organization delivering forklift and critical power as well as maintenance solutions that ensure uninterrupted, sustainable facility power. The company’s signature solutions, GuaranteedPOWER® and PerpetualPOWER® are industry firsts, improving reliability, sustainability and safety to solve the power problem for facility leaders. Concentric helps data centers, distributors, manufacturers, utilities, communications infrastructure and more develop resilience in their power systems while making the energy transition with less risk. With a national network of service professionals, Concentric provides engineering, installation and maintenance/management for power equipment including backup batteries, UPSs, generators, energy storage, micro grids, forklift power, onsite maintenance and more. Learn more at concentricusa.com.
At Concentric we believe that Our People are what make us great and help us deliver exceptional customer service! We offer industry leading Benefits to include:
- Competitive pay – Plus incentive opportunities and overtime potential!
- Full benefits package that starts day one – Includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, company-paid life insurance and disability coverage.
- Uniform and boot allowance
- 8 paid holidays
- PTO - FT Employees receive 128 Hours of PTO Annually
- Training and mentoring – Learn from our experts in the industry
- Advancement opportunities – 80% of current service managers started out as techs!
Link to benefits overview: Benefits
The benefits listed are subject to change at any time. Please speak with an HR Representative for details. In the case of conflict between the information listed and the official plan documents, the plan documents will always govern.
The Dock & Door Technician is responsible for the repair, servicing, inspection, diagnosing, maintaining and maintenance of warehouse, industrial and/or commercial doors; loading docks; levelers; and other related warehouse equipment. We are seeking individuals that meet the minimum qualifications and beyond. So, if you're looking to develop a long-running career with a company that promotes from within then take some time and get to know us.
- High School or GED Diploma required. Prefer an Associate degree from an approved two-year college or university or very strong equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1-year related experience in the repair and maintenance of: Warehouse and commercial doors; Loading docks; Dock-leveler’s; AED, Entrance Doors, Glass Doors, and other related warehouse equipment
- Experience in welding, fabrication and electrical, plus working background in Mechanical, Commercial, and Industrial Maintenance.
- Working knowledge of basic AC and DC electrical/electronic theory.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize his/her own work and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs, and across remote offices.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas (both written and verbal) to both internal and external customers and to listen effectively to customer needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong workplace relationships with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments toward the greater good of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Experience in material handling environment is preferred, but not required.
- Intermittent travel expected within designated territory, home most nights.
- A valid driver’s license, CDL a plus but not required.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools; use hands to maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employees must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed in various locations, including data centers, refineries, power plants, telecom headends, hospital settings, with co-workers working side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed by co-workers. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The Concentric Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.