***As required by our governmental client, this position requires an active Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance to be considered. ***
As a Docketing Clerk, you will play a crucial role in providing essential clerical assistance services to the AUSA (Assistant United States Attorney) staff. Your primary responsibility will be to perform docketing duties, including opening, updating, and closing cases through the use of an automated case tracking system. Additionally, you will be responsible for electronically filing records, such as letters, memos, reports, court documents, and case materials, and efficiently retrieving, docketing, and calendaring case-related information.
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated Starting Salary Range for Docketing Clerk: $52 - $67k
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other possible benefits as provided. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.
Docketing Clerk Responsibilities Include:
- Provides a variety of clerical assistances services to services AUSA staff. Typical assignments include:
- Performs docketing duties such as opening, updating, and closing cases through use of the automated case tracking system. As necessary, searches database for required information.
- Electronically files records including letters, memos, reports, court documents, and case materials.
- Retrieves, dockets, and calendars case records and documents including letters, memos, reports, court documents, and case materials
- Reviews incoming electronic court notifications and other communications for case deadlines and court dates, and independently determines the need for docketing, filing, and calendaring with notice to attorneys and other staff members.
- Scans/inputs and links case-related materials into an electronic database and manages that database.
- Provides organization and management of case files.
- Types routine forms and correspondence.
- Provides a variety of ancillary office support functions. Typical assignments may include the following:
- Sorts mail for office and individuals.
- Prepares mail including stuffing envelopes, affixing postage, and packing bulky items.
- Answers telephone correctly refers callers to staff members or takes messages as appropriate and provides information when appropriate.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including personal computers, photocopiers, telephone systems, fax machines and shredders.
- The ability of read and follow directions, the ability to pay attention to detail, and sufficient oral and written communication skills to effectively provide services and communicate with individuals inside and outside the office. Works and interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of staff. Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office. Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Sufficient computer skills to edit and reformat written and electronic drafts using MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access, WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and other software. Contractor must have sufficient computer skills to navigate document and file management systems and accurately docket and save information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Docketing Clerk Experience, Education, Skills, Abilities requested:
- The contractor must have a high school diploma or GED, at a minimum.
- Must pass pre-employment qualifications of Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Nation 3S (CN3S) provides support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. The company takes a personalized approach to solving our clients' toughest challenges, helping you make the most of your skills. CN3S is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Cherokee Federal is a military friendly employer. Veterans and active military transitioning to civilian status are encouraged to apply.
Case tracking system
Electronically file records
Legal office support
Legal Administrative Assistant
Case Management Clerk
Court Docket Clerk
Legal Records Clerk
Legal Disclaimer: Cherokee Federal is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit cherokee-federal.com/careers for information regarding our Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Statement, and Accommodation request.
Please Note: This position is pending a contract award. If you are interested in a future with Cherokee Federal, APPLY TODAY! Although this is not an approved position, we are accepting applications for this future and anticipated need.ID:uDnQdo