Drafting Services Manager
National Carwash Solutions has grown over the past 50 years to become North America’s largest equipment, service, and cleaning solutions provider in the car wash industry. Our world-class brands are backed by the largest service network in the country with more than 500 dedicated service professionals and growing! Come join us for an extraordinary career in a high growth, team-oriented company!
As a Drafting Services Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the drafting team completing sets of quality drawings. From verbal instructions, sketches, survey, mechanical drawing and design provided by the engineering team. In addition, you will also be responsible for ensuring that our SolidWorks/PDM platforms are fully operational through leadership of the system administrators. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, oversee a team and be self-motivated
- Review design change recommendations from the Design Drafting team related to specific projects.
- Ensure Design Services team work is complete, organized and technically sound before approved.
- Point of escalation for the team on significant problems, progress and difficulties pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Acts as a backup to manage drawings, plotting, plan sets, CAD files, etc. for multiple projects
- Work effectively between multiple ongoing projects
- Lead and mentor the Design Services team and offer technical advice and knowledge
- Comply with all applicable OSHA, EPA, local regulatory laws, and company safety policies
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time
- Minimum of three years’ experience drafting for a Mechanical Engineering firm with focused experience around mechanical, electrical and plumbing drawings and knowledge of each skilled trade
- Experience managing and leading a technically focused team.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Possess competency with MS Office software, database skills, and experience with Solidworks and CAD programs, preferred.
- Possess competency with SolidWorks/PDM systems so as to be able to manage, update, develop workflows, define security profiles for users, manage parts library, and recommend improvements to system.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Able to identify, manage and lead business improvement projects
- Able to develop report tools to streamline day to day work
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others
- Maintain a satisfactory attendance record
- Perform the responsibilities of the position at a satisfactory level of efficiency
- Must maintain confidentiality of employee, department, and company business
- Comply with company rules, policies, and decisions
- Required to use a Personal Computer (PC) routinely
Grow your career supported by an energized and passionate team, professional development, training, flexibility and opportunities for advancement. We offer competitive wages and benefits including comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k), paid time off and more.
National Carwash Solutions is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo