Empirical Foods, Inc.
South Sioux City, NE
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Assist with engineering and/or construction projects, which include layout and design, specification development and preparation, and data collection. Assist with the specific functions of the engineering department, applying knowledge of engineering technology. In addition, the position will work with Engineering on Research and Development (R&D) activities such as creating, modifying, or fixing designs, as well as supporting other Engineering related R&D activities.
- Create and complete accurate manufacturing layouts, detailed fabrication drawings, piping diagrams, and tool fixtures. Work will vary in nature such as construction related projects and new or redesign of parts and equipment.
- Work independently on the development of original designs. Create detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Analyze various design project requirements and present design options.
- Create part numbers, item descriptions, bill of materials, standards, and specifications.
- May provide advice and guidance to, or supervise, lower-level drafters.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must understand geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and computer aided drafting software.
- Inventor, AutoCAD and Revit experience highly preferred.
- Must be detail orientated and mechanically minded.
- Ability to take verbal or written directions.
- Communicate effectively with all levels in the company and outside vendors as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Office setting.
Experience:Minimum 1 year of relevant experience within the industry is desired. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Education: Degreein Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Reports to (if applicable): DesignEngineer Lead
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.