Drilling Solutions Engineer
National Oilwell Varco
- Through constant customer contact, maintain accurate monitoring of performance, activity, applications, and competition of drilling tools.
- Technically supervise integrated multi-product solutions to clients.
- Analyze tool performance data and prepare and present customer presentations, performance summaries, and outstanding run reports.
- Oversee field analysis for failed tool investigation and coordinate with Sales and Service Quality Group to provide and present applicable incident report to the customer.
- Coordination between Drilling Solutions, Product Line engineering and reliability group.
- Provide BHA and Drill-String recommendations.
- Coordinate field operations support for drilling tools product line.
- Manage field testing of new products and help implementation of design improvements.
- Make recommendations to enhance existing products to drive reliability.
- Provide technical support for local service center.
- Implement procedures, best practices, and follow knowledge management processes.
- Integrate drilling dynamics data and surface data to optimize drilling tool performance.
- Promote the technical image of NOV in the local area through membership of industry groups, technical papers, and local publications.
- Obtain, recognize, and demonstrate relevant Core Competencies required for promotion to DSE-3
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 2-8 Years Relevant oilfield experience
- Position may or may not require travel
- Working hours to be identified by manager
- Able to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Non-standard work hours, 24/7 contact/availability expectations for rig/operational support
- Comply with Global and Local QHSE policies.
- Behave in a professional and ethical manner in line with NOV corporate policies