DRIVER – CDL (1st Shift)
Fresh From Texas, LLC
About Fresh Texas
As the largest fresh-cut fruit and vegetable processor in South Texas, Fresh Texas has been delivering the highest quality products to our customers for over forty years. We source only the highest quality ingredients to deliver great tasting, healthy products to our customers. With exciting innovation, we keep growing!
Fresh Texas is proud to offer high quality and healthy foods to our communities! Do you want to grow with a trusted and established company? We offer great career paths! Come grow with us!
We are looking for an experienced Class A CDL driver to deliver products to our customers and pick up materials from our vendors, drivers do not handle unloading. We are looking for a responsible driver who is safe, efficient, a self-starter, someone willing, and able to work with limited supervision. The driver must be able to work flexible hours. The driver routes are local with no overnight stays and a great work-life balance!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for completing a pre-trip inspection
- Responsible to safely operate the equipment
- Responsible for delivering products to customers in a safe and professional manner
- Responsible for picking up products at vendors in a safe and professional manner
- Responsible for shuttling product and materials between buildings
- Perform warehouse-related duties when not making deliveries.
- Ensure shipments and inventory transaction accuracy
- Manage and maintain proper inventory workflow following FIFO procedures
- Follow all OSHA requirements and Fresh Texas Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all GMP’s are being followed throughout the facilities
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Complete insurance package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Several low-cost supplemental plans.
- 401(k) with up to a 4% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- A variety of bonus opportunities including attendance and referral programs.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license and medical certification
- No DUI’s/DWI’s or Reckless Driving in the past 5 years
- No License suspensions, revocation, or cancellation of driving privilege as a result of a moving violation within the past 5 years
- Driver must be safety-minded and perform required DOT pre and post trips on equipment daily
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor
- High School diploma or G.E.D Certificate
- Commercial driving experience
- Food experience
- Electric pallet jack experience
- Refrigerated trailer knowledge
- End dump trailer experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Climb up to tractor with 3-point step.
- Manually Cranks landing gear up from trailer so it will not hit the ground
- Ability to maneuver truck through parking lots and back safely into smaller delivery docks
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. assisted.
- Regularly use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach, grasp, squeeze, using wrist flexion and extension with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Fresh Texas is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service or protected veteran, or other non-merit factors.