Driver-Class B CDL Delivery
Responsible for driving delivery vehicles and/or operating truck-trailer combinations to transport and deliver materials to customer sites. Adheres to driver safety/compliance regulations, delivers un-damaged goods on schedule, and provides professional service to customers. Drive vehicles weighing greater than 26,000 pounds and may tow vehicles or trailers less than 10,000 pounds.
What You'll Do:
- May load or assist with loading and appropriately securing product, materials, or supplies inside delivery vehicle.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of delivery vehicles; performs routine safety checks to ensure vehicles comply with company guidelines.
- Required to use hand held devices, except for while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
- Maintain hours of service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
- May perform credit/product return pick-ups and related paperwork.
- Operate a Forklift or non-motorized material handling equipment to load and off load materials to designated areas.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and Class B CDL license
- Pass MVR report and Obtain a DOT medical card
- Basic math & measurement skills
- Ability to read and speak the English language
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Relationship Building: Builds working relationships and seeks to resolve issues constructively.
- Teamwork: Knows and supports teammates’ work and deliverables. Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise.
- Customer Focus: Listens to, anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Conflict Resolution: Manages difficult situations professionally and partners with others to achieve mutually beneficial results.
Work Environment / Physical Activity:
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to physically operate delivery vehicles (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource provides competitive benefits that include:
Medical, Dental & Vision Plans; Critical Care, Accident, & Hospital insurance; Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts; 401(k) with match; Vacation & Sick Time; Paid Holidays; Life & Accident insurance, Short & Long Term Disability; Employee Discounts.
Check us out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Gkon4jFhKCc
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource,
please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish