McConway & Torley, LLC
- Drives Class A commercial trucks to Cherry Companies’ concrete crushing yards, pugmill yards, commercial and industrial sites to be loaded with materials for delivery to other customer or Cherry Companies locations.
- Is knowledgeable of, and adheres to, DOT regulations.
- Maintains operating condition of vehicle, including washing and greasing duties; inspection of truck to ensure truck is in proper working order, and notifying supervisor of any maintenance or repair needs.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to work/drive in all weather conditions.
- Ability to climb heights of 10 feet.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or pull 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work in dusty, loud noise environment.
- Ability to pass all DOT regulations and physical test requirements
- Excellent vision.
- SAFETY: Understand and follow company and client safety and security rules; maintain personal protective equipment as issued.
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Ability to read and write English is helpful. Six months of proven employment experience in driving a roll-off or end dump commercial truck. As well as a satisfactory driving check.
- PERSONAL skills: Ability to work under sporadic supervision, and comply with company policies and procedures. Must have knowledge of the Houston Area and the surrounding cities with highways and streets. Ability to read and interpret a key map when necessary.
- PERSONAL requirements: Must be over 18 years of age and have a class A or class B driver license for at least six months.
- ATTENDANCE: Regular, Dependable attendance for six-day workweek, including overtime hours. Daily working hours are Monday through Friday from 6:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Saturdays are from 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Satisfactory attendance record is required and essential to meet customer/client schedules and budgets. Occasionally you might be assigned to work on Sundays. Out of town travel is required with some overnight travel or temporary relocation to a location outside of Houston and surrounding area.