Driver Over the Road
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a current Class A CDL with Tanker Vehicle (Tanker) endorsements.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards; Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Drive under both the DOT regulations and in compliance with company policies
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers as required
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Operate a tractor/trailer combinations up to 14 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting materials
- Climb ladders to inspect loads, ensuring that cargo is secure.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking refrigeration systems
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Provide excellent service to customers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
- Ability to safely climb and pull body weight in and out of a tractor cab and trailer multiple times a day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor
- Ability to safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Ability to reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend).
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally)
- Ability to connect/disconnect kingpin with an average weight/pull force of approximately 75 lbs
- Ability to crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Criminal Background History Subject to Review
- Must Pass Pre-Employment DOT Physical/Drug Screen
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work in both a hot humid environment as well as a cold, wet conditions for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must be able to use repetitive reaching motions
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on an a frequent basis, including lifting at shoulder level or above
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs on an infrequent basis
Communicate clearly and concisely
Possess team-oriented attitude
It may be an understatement to say that we work every day to uphold our company’s core values. Because being a servant leader, committed to relationships, pioneering, results driven and tenacious are not just ideals we work towards. We live them. We breathe them. These values are the true essence of how we work and are in every product, service, and opportunity we offer.
Servant Leader to All – Humbly listening to and serving our employees, customer, and suppliers
- Committed to Relationships – Caring about the long-term well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers
- Pioneering – Using our industry knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to connect our stakeholders to innovative solutions
- Results-Driven – Having an intense desire to go beyond what is expected
- Tenacious – Persevering in all that we do
OTR drivers are out 11 out of 14 days at a time