Driver/Warehouse Associate West Hartford
Lewin P & H Supply Co.
West Hartford, CT
Driver / Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Branch Manager and/or Warehouse Manager
Work Hours: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of orders. Maintains safety standards of warehouse and delivery function.
- Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
- Follow routes and time schedule
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle
- Spend majority of work hours seated
- The ability to move up to 200 pounds on occasion during deliveries
- Complete logs and reports
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Ability to operate forklifts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Interact with customers on a daily basis
- Separate transfers and load them onto respective trucks
- Determine best shipping method for products according to company policy
- Locate transfers to complete orders and place them on the corresponding trucks
- Ensure that products and orders are placed on the correct trucks for delivery
- Use basic computer and math skills to determine shipping locations and quantities
- Receive shipments, verify products on packing slips are there and sign corresponding paperwork upon receipt
- Inspect contents of deliveries to ensure that the product is not damaged
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Put product away into correct locations with the use of a barcode reader
- Manage time in order to complete work load for the day
- Read and decipher packing slips, computer screens and barcode readers
- Practice team work in order to best service internal and external customers
- Remain up-to-date on all safety practices and standards
- Assist warehouse personnel when necessary
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment
- Other duties as required
Experience, Education & Skills:
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Valid drivers license and med card required
- Ability to operate motor vehicle, forklift, barcode reader, currently used hardware and software
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Very heavy work. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.