Dry Etch Process Development Engineer,
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Welcome! As a Process Development Engineer in the Dry Etch Research and Development Group you have the exciting responsibility to design and optimize plasma etch processes for the next generation of Micron's memory parts. You will take ideas from conception, through process development, all the way to implementation in our production facilities.
You will be working in a highly collaborative atmosphere, interacting with various groups such as process integration, electrical failure analysis, yield enhancement, manufacturing, and equipment vendors, to ensure robust etch processes that meet the detailed physical and electrical requirements for Micron products. Previous experience in Dry Etch process development is recommended especially in the areas of High Aspect Ratio etches and advanced CMOS processing. Micron offers a flexible working environment to maintain a good work, life balance and still meet the demands of our fast-paced development and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plasma dry etch process characterization, optimization, design, and troubleshooting.
- Work with equipment engineering teams and equipment manufacturers to evaluate next-generation tools and provide input in future tool design and capabilities.
- Collaborate with other groups such as process integration, electrical failure analysis, and manufacturing to ensure robust etch processes can meet the detailed physical and electrical requirements.
- Conducting root cause and failure mode analysis to understand the limitations of current hardware and driving vendors for solutions.
- Performing fundamental research to drive innovative solutions for next-generation products.
- Support process transfer to production facilities (some domestic and/or international travel may be required).
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous experience in semiconductor processing, solid-state device physics, and dry etch processing or plasma physics is highly recommended.
- Experience in experimental design and data analysis.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use extensive technical knowledge to guide strategic directions.
- Ability to resolve complex issues through root-cause or model-based problem-solving.
- Proficiency in statistics, preferably in statistical process control.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction, and focus on meeting commitments.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Data Science programming or scripting is desirable.
Education and Experience:
- M.S./Ph. D. (or equivalent education) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or other related technical fields.
- B.S. degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience of relevant experience will also be considered.
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn about your right to work click here.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.ID:uDnQdo