Dryer Operator – 3rd Shift
Dairy Farmers of America
St. Albans, VT
Operate the Dryer process in an efficient manner in order to maximize production while maintaining product quality and employee safety.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the Dryer system according to defined processing parameters to achieve optimum processing efficiencies and to ensure the highest quality product while minimizing downtime.
- Monitor and document processes as required and perform quality control checks, making changes to the processes as necessary to maintain quality per documented change process
- Ensure all process documentation is complete
- Perform CIP as needed on all related equipment, perform manual cleaning as necessary.
- Always maintain a clean, organized, and professional work area in accordance to 5S methodology.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and Master Sanitation Schedule tasks as necessary
- Minimize water usage and generation of wastewater with the scope of the position
- Follow all Dairy Farmers of America GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate, regulatory quality and sanitation requirements.
- Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive
- Exhibit the values and ethics of DFA through honesty, discretion, and sound judgement
- Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity
- Attend required training, including but not limited to, Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
- Assist in the training and development of new operators
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- This is a 3rd shift position.