The Machine Operator will be responsible for threading texturing machines and ensuring the yarn and fiber runs properly through the machine by performing quality checks and repairing ends that have been broken.
What is my earning potential?
We now offer new competitive hourly rates starting at $19.00 with top pay up to $22.25. In addition, our updated enhanced shift premium $1.00 for 12-hour night shifts.
How will you play an important role?
- Threads the Texturing Machines
- Repairs ends that have been broken on the Texturing Machines
- Enters details into the on-line monitoring system regarding ends repaired and quality checks completed
- Participates in and supports safety processes and initiatives
- Supports shift and department team goals and objectives
Are you qualified for the position?
- Previous textile machine operating experience is a plus, but not required (full training provided)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read
- Ability to stand, walk, reach and bend frequently
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to lift up to 13 lbs. (occasionally)
What is essential for success?
- Integrity – lives by ethical principles, trustworthiness, courtesy, honesty and accountability
- Respects Diversity – respects genders, cultures, communities, and differences of others, including differences of thought and opinion
- Safety – exhibits behaviors that support and encourage a safe work environment. Immediately reports and/or resolves unsafe behaviors and conditions
- Teamwork and Relationship Skills – works well with others to achieve goals and solve problems, develops positive and effective working relationships
- Communication Skills – listens, speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Attendance – fulfills the requirements of the work schedule
- Work Ethic – exhibits high standards of personal commitment towards achieving goals and objectives
- Quality Focused – follows processes, delivers work that meets and exceeds standards
- Adaptable – effectively adjusts and responds to change
- Technical Skills – exhibits ability to understand and perform technical aspects of the job
Have we mentioned our impressive benefits?
- Earning potential up to $22.25
- Shift premiums
- Rotating schedules
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Free on-site health clinics
- Paid Vacation: 20hrs @ 3mos, [email protected] 6mos, [email protected]
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous match
- And more!
Partner with Unifi Manufacturing and be a part of our extraordinary team!
The innovation that drives our company makes a difference in the world. That’s why we look for self-starters who believe they can make a difference for our company. We look for amazing skills, diverse perspectives, an inventive spirit and a never-say-die attitude. Whether our people make their impact on the front lines with customers, in the manufacturing plant, in distribution, product development, marketing or business management, we’re all here to help our partners win in the marketplace. That’s how we succeed.
Unifi Manufacturing, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. A background check will be conducted for this position.