Dump Truck Driver
D.L. George & Sons Manufacturing, Inc.
D.L. George and Sons is seeking a Construction Dump Truck Driver (Class A or B CDL License) with a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
The Construction Dump Truck Driver primarily performs tasks involving transporting dirt, gravel and asphalt from job sites or supply locations for building, highway, construction projects, excavations, and demolitions. The Construction Dump Truck Driver may also be asked to perform Laborer skills if the situation warrants.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Construction Dump Truck Driver must possess a good driving record and a minimum of a valid Class A or B CDL License.
The Construction Dump Truck Driver must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, balance, and the ability to properly operate a truck efficiently and safely. They should be capable of working as a member of a team and have basic problem-solving and directional skills.
- Operate truck, between quarry or construction sites
- Follow a predetermined schedule of pick-up and delivery
- Complete required documentation
- Inspect truck equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel and other fluids
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Qualifications and Skills
- Must meet the Department of Transportation medical, drug and alcohol requirements
- Operation of vehicle up to 12 hours per day depending on schedule
- Operate dump or tarp feature when needed
- Mount and dismount 15-20 times for job functions
- 40 to 50 hours per week, up to 12 hours daily
- May be required to work in adverse weather; wind, heat, rain, or snow
- May work in “off road” locations and conditions
D.L. George & Sons Employee Benefits
- Health Insurance and 401(k) deductions on a Pre-Tax basis.
- Health Insurance and 401(k) Plan participation eligibility is the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Medical Insurance for the Employee is paid for 100% by the company; Dependent Coverage is offered at a group rate.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation Time based on length of service.
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
D.L. George & Sons is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.