Earned Value System Manager
Fincantieri ACE Marine
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Position Title: Earned Value (EVMS) Manager
Location of Position: United States -- Wisconsin -- Sturgeon Bay
Business Group: Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding (FBS)
Position Type: Full-Time; Permanent; Exempt
Reports To: Director of Finance
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing support for all matters relating to Earned Value Management analysis and reporting. Provide EVMS training for Control Account Managers, financial analysts and other program staff. Collect, generate and analyze earned value data along with ensuring proper, correct and timely reporting of earned value data as required by contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Control Account Managers in performing variance analysis.
- Improve EAC development and accuracy.
- Assist the Program Cost Analyst in analyzing and forecasting Program Costs.
- Strategic thinking.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and/or improve and follow processes.
- Exceptional Organizational skills.
- Understand business process.
- Working knowledge of work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Experience in performing variance analysis.
- EAC estimating.
- Change Management.
- Able to develop Risk Mitigation Plans.
- Knowledge with ANSI/EIA-748 Guidelines.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement
- Financial Acumen -- interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Complexity -- Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Instills Trust -- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Strategic Mindset -- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Performance Leaders will inspire enthusiasm and act as a role model. She/he will develop talented employees with the skills, abilities, competencies and values needed to achieve the Company goals. The Performance Leader will provide timely feedback to employees in a constructive, coaching style, give praise and recognition and deal with performance issues.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding (FBS) is located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. With roots dating back to 1918, we currently exist as an industry leader in new construction, repair, and major conversions. The FBS portfolio includes articulated tug-barge units, OPA 90-compliant vessels, dredges and dredging support equipment, and offshore supply vessels along with specializing in Great Lakes self-unloading vessels. We strive to be the shipbuilder of choice in safety, quality, value and dependability by offering innovative and competitive maritime solutions tailored to our customers' needs. Our mission is to build, repair and sustain maritime vessels that proudly supply, service and defend our nation and the world.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We promote a Drug Free Work Environment and require pre-employment drug testing as well as mandatory random drug testing.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Human Resources Department at [email protected].