Electrical and Instrument Technician
West Palm Beach, FL
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Covanta South Region is hiring an Electrical and Instrument Technician
Come Join Us in Protecting Tomorrow
Sign-On Bonus - $5000
What Covanta Offers You:
Highlights of Covanta’s Competitive Total Rewards package:
- A competitive base salary
- Performance based Annual Incentive Plan
- Day 1 – Health Care Benefits, includes dental and vision
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- Retirement Savings Plan and 401K with Company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
Enjoy a schedule that allows time with family and friends by working 4 days a week on 10 hours shifts!
At Covanta, the work we do is more than just a job. It’s a commitment to environmental problem-solving and sustainable progress. We do all that we can to safeguard the future of our people, our planet and our shared prosperity. We are a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Our modern Waste-to-Energy and material processing facilities provide municipalities and businesses sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal that help build a circular economy and use waste to generate clean, renewable electricity. Building a safer, smarter world is no simple task, but it is something we can achieve together. Join us in protecting tomorrow.
Under general maintenance supervision, the Instrument & Electrical Technician, performs basic electrical and electronic work in the maintenance of motors, control centers, and electrical fixtures in support of the entire facility operation, maintaining operation of the entire plant in compliance with established production schedules and plant requirements, in conjunction with National and Local Electrical Codes.
- Performs skilled electrical and technical work, including testing, inspection and repair of complex mechanical, pneumatic and electronic instruments used in power generation and RDF processing.
- Installs, maintains performs PM’s, repairs, calibrates, and adjusts any type of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and other industrial instrumentation, analyzers, and scales. Installs, repairs and maintains all power transmission lines, transformers, electrical motors, instruments, controls and related equipment.
- Inspects, tests, adjusts repairs, and maintains high voltage equipment of all types, including but not limited to generators, AC and DC motors, MOV’s, turbine controls, DC systems, and all other plant related auxiliaries and instrumentation.
- Maintains accurate detailed records concerning installation, preventive maintenance and repair of all plant electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Keeps all blueprints and OEM manuals in neat and proper order.
- May work on live lines to keep plant operation smooth (in accordance with all safety procedures). May install heavy equipment such as bus bar, switchgear and other related items.
- Performs rigging on motors and equipment.
- Operates and maintains various power house and RDF equipment such as switches, transformers, relays, breakers and rectifiers necessary for electrical power control.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of instrument application, operation and of the electrical and mechanical principles involved in repair, testing and calibration.
- Maintains alarms and automatic shutdown systems activated by one or mare process variables. PLC and DCS knowledge will be necessary to be able to troubleshoot and analyze logic circuitry, along with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical circuitry.
- Plans details of job assigned, uses sketches, blueprints schematics, and complex drawings. Consults with operations and technical groups on safety procedures and job hazards.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner. Attends and participates in scheduled training and safety programs.
- Knows, understands and complies with all company safety regulations and procedures. Follows any assigned shift or schedule.
- Knows and complies with all National and Local Electrical Codes, completing professional work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of advanced electrical theory.
- Knowledge of N.E.C. and interpretations.
- Knowledge of ISA standards.
- Ability to work on “live” circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced motor control circuits.
- Advanced knowledge in repair and calibration of transmitters, analyzers, and scales
- Familiarity with DC and other emergency systems.
- PLC and DCS understanding and experience.
- Calibration of valves and MOV’s.
- Knowledge of environmental controls and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand P & ID’s, instrument installation details, and logic diagrams.
- Ability to plan and explain jobs.
- Ability to train and help others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum four years as an industrial electrician, at least two of which includes experience in instrumentation or with adequate training certificates, or a two-year technical degree in instrumentation and two years’ experience in the power generation field.
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Fork lift, JLG, hoist and mobile crane operator’s certification.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo