Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide, BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our products and service network provide differentiated technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage, wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers, automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers and pasteurizers.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Job Summary: Electrical Assemblers wire and construct machines and conveyance equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, quality expectations and within planned schedules.
- Electrical assembly of machines and equipment, including machine wiring, electrical panels, junction boxes, control panels, sub-assembly and component assembly.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of electrical safety and wiring standards.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical engineering schematics.
- Ability to effectively operate hand tools, power tools, forklifts, manlifts, etc.
- Ability to work together within a team, and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to identify problems, trouble shoot electrical issues and implement and/or recommend solutions.
- May assist with final adjustments and machine testing.
- Follow and abide by safety rules and regulations, including using PPE as required, and safe operation of tools and equipment, always.
- Adhere to company policies/procedures, including attendance expectations.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Must communicate well with others and develop constructive working relationships.
- Crosstrain on various products as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 2 years relevant electrical assembly experience.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, ability to read mechanical engineering drawings.
- Experience with pneumatic assembly and plumbing, ability to read pneumatic schematics.
- Two-year technical associate’s degree.
- Hand tools (screw drivers, socket sets, hand wrenches, hammers, level, tape measure, plumb bob, etc.).
- Power tools (saws, grinders, drill motors, air ratchets, etc.).
- Manlifts, forklifts, hoists, cranes.
- Walk, stand or otherwise move about continuously.
- Bend, squat, twist, kneel, climb, grasp, reach, lift or otherwise move about frequently and for extended periods of time.
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 50 lbs. frequently, or more occasionally.
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Work overhead occasionally.
- Exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards.
- Grasps items and performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer.
- Noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BW Integrated Systems