Kansas City, MO
We are currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join our team. The Electrical Designer works directly with Controls Engineers under the supervision of the Controls Engineering Manager/Supervisor. The Electrical Designer produces electrical drawings for the purpose of manufacturing control panels and to facilitate the installation and wiring of electrical equipment. Drawings are created according to electrical engineering standards.
What You'll Do:
- Read and understand 3-line electrical drawings and “red-lines”
- Understand design document process and revision process
- Read and understand controls specifications
- Create sets of controls drawings (schematics/layouts)
- Understand and follow departmental processes and procedures
- Apply knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical to correct drawing errors and omissions
- Ability to understand and incorporate information from applicable standards and codes
- Other duties as assigned
When you join Shick Esteve, you are joining a team striving for excellence, empowered by a culture of hard work and dedication. We embrace our values of passion, accountability, fun, consistency, and responsiveness, and believe in the power of a cohesive, high-performing team.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Understanding of Control Panel Design
- Understanding of Control Panel Equipment including PLCs, VFDs, Soft-starters
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Understand and utilize AutoCAD Electrical basic commands
- Computer skills with specific abilities in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication and people skills
- 3-5 years electrical drafting experience
- Expert level knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Working knowledge of UL508A
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC)
- Working knowledge of PLC based control system design
- Previous experience designing/drafting or building control panels
Who We Are:
For over 60 years Shick Esteve has specialized in finding innovative solutions and providing unmatched service for food industry leaders around the world. How do we accomplish this? Through our people! Behind everything we do are our team members striving for excellence empowered by a culture of hard work and dedication. We embrace our values of passion, accountability, fun, consistency, and responsiveness, and believe in the power of a cohesive, high-performing team. Our people are what set us apart from the competition, and if you’re ready to join an industry-leading company that truly values its employees, we want to hear from you today!
Founded in 1956, Shick Esteve provides ingredient automation solutions to multiple industries that include baking, coffee, distilling/brewing, confectionery, pet food, snack food and prepared foods, among others. Our goal was and still is to enhance each customer's production process with solutions that provide accuracy, accountability, and consistency in an economical manner. We are committed partners to our customers. Shick Esteve is an operating company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".ID:uDnQdo