EPC Power Corp.
Who We Are:
We are driven by a passion to design and manufacture the highest quality grid-scale power converters available. Rooted in this passion, we provide our customers with inverters and DC/DC converters from 250 kW to 6 MW. EPC’s products are designed in house and manufactured in the USA. Power electronics are the core technology behind decarbonization. With major growth sectors such as renewable energy, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging, EPC is growing fast.
What We Do:
EPC is located in the center of a high-tech commercial park in Poway, CA to meet the demands of its rapidly growing customer base. We are focused on developing and manufacturing robust and reliable power conversion solutions to solve real-world customer problems, and doing it in a smaller, more powerful footprint than anything else available today. We enjoy what we do, and we encourage a creative, healthy, and highly collaborative environment. Our goal is to work together as a fun, creative, and professional team; learning from and encouraging one-another as we push the state of the art forward in power electronics.
EPC Power is looking to add an Electrical Drafter to our engineering team. In this role you will work closely with experienced engineers assisting with component sourcing, cabinet wiring design and diagrams, and manufacturing support. After training and becoming familiar with EPC products, you will be an integral part of the electrical engineering team. You will have opportunities to contribute to new product design, customer requests, development and troubleshooting.
- Develop, and produce electrical drawings (detail and assembly drawings) from hand sketches, verbal instructions, concept drawings
- Accurately revise drawings (detail and assembly)/wiring diagrams for manufacturing and customer applications. Drawings include cable harnesses, routing, cabinet interfaces, wiring connection specifications, and break out terminal blocks
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of components for Manufacturing
- Reliably save and organize drawings
- Help Troubleshoot cabinet electrical issues ( < 208Vac ) as needed
- Participate in design development, component sourcing and validation activities
- Participate in documentation for manuals, processes, ECOs, and procedures
- Support production and customers on an as-needed basis, both directly and through our customer support team
- Actively work with manufacturing technicians to ensure design is properly implemented, and with test engineers to ensure design is fully tested
- Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Associates degree in drafting, design (CAD), manufacturing, manufacturing technology, or comparable experience
- At least 2 years experience in an engineering role
- Knowledge of Solidworks, E-Plan, AutoCAD Electrical, or similar
- Solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of power electronics, wiring and circuits
- Ability to work well within a team and clearly communicate technical progress and challenges
- Understanding of measurement systems, fixtures, and gauges
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with typical commercial and industrial cabinet wiring, documentation, wiring harnesses
- Familiar with North American and European electrical drawing standards
- Able to understand, maintain, and improve company electrical drawing standards
- Experience with typical commercial and industrial electrical power (480Vac,3p), particularly in inverter applications
- Interested in power electronics
- 401(k) matching
- Dental and vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
In order to ensure the safest environment possible for all team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, team members are provided hand sanitizer, gloves, face masks, alternative work schedules and whenever possible isolated work areas
EPC Power is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.