Electrical Engineer (ETO)
The Electrical Designer/Engineer primarily works on Engineered-to-Order (ETO) design projects to meet customer requirements in a team environment. These designs will typically be large Power Distribution Cabinets, UPS and Power Switching Cabinets for use in data centers. Will be required to meet project goals such as schedule, manufacturability, and cost. This position will consist of creating designs, drawings, bills of material, and processing Engineering Change Orders.
- Responsible for reviewing customer specifications and converting that to actual equipment.
- Responsible for interfacing between Applications Engineering and Production in the ETO processing of orders, which will include the ability to collect, analyze and interpret performance, design, and cost data to quote customized modifications.
- Write, submit, release Engineering changes to new and released product documentation in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database using our revision control system.
- Work with cross functional groups with the same goals for the project.
- Ability to interpret agency design standards (Such as UL) for our products.
- Create order list for prototype units and ensure material is received with Project Managers.
- Work with ETO Engineering Supervisor for task lists and priorities.
- Will design and develop components, subassemblies and electrical control circuits, process engineering changes and drawing releases.
- Occasional contact with outside vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the Final System test department, including trouble-shooting analysis of production.
- Able to interpret schematics with electrical components such as fuses and circuit breakers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Capable of utilizing a personal computer and various applications programs, i.e., spreadsheets, CAD, word processing, communications, etc.
- Knowledgeable on three phase UPS and power systems and batteries
- Knowledge of NEC and UL is a plus.
- Must have good planning, organizing, documentation and communication skills.
- Must be team-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Vertiv is a $5.6 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers’ vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected].ID:uDnQdo