Field Location, DC
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering skills to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community?
Local candidates preferred but open to considering candidates who can relocate or travel to the Washington, D.C. area for the assignment.
Parsons is now hiring an Electrical Engineer with a desire to work on DC power transit projects that change the fabric of our community who has a preference for Power Engineering. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Training, development and opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
In this role, you will provide support in the evaluation, operation and maintenance of wayside energy storage systems in railway traction power systems.
- Conduct field inspections and surveys
- Provide support for completing DC traction power system simulations
- Review project submittals
- Support the development of procedures
- Support the development of energy storage system inspection and acceptance criteria for substations
- Support the evaluation of energy storage system operation
- Coordinate with all disciplines
- Prepare reports
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) and 3+ years of related work experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with ETAP preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in traction power system modeling and simulations to evaluate available regenerative power and required energy storage capacity is preferred
- Experience in generating feasibility studies, risk assessments, estimates, and technical evaluation reports and briefings is preferred
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!