Arkansas Electric Co-Operatives, Inc.
Little Rock, AR
Salary Range$64,600.00 - $167,600.00 a year
Little Rock, AR, USA
Power Production Engineering
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry, we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to more than 600,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Electrical Engineer provides the initiative, technical ability, and responsibility required to give AECC a well-designed, soundly constructed, and reliably operated generation systems. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
- Provides electrical engineering designs related to generation and transmission systems, specifies electrical equipment and systems, and supervises installation, startup, and testing of electrical systems.
- Instrumentation and Control – Designs, specifies, and develops software and hardware for new and replacement plant automated instrumentation and control systems; supervises their installation, start-up, and testing.
- Protection Controls & Metering – Develops coordinated protection settings for generators, transformers, and balance-of-plant electrical systems. Annually updates the protective device coordination database and validate the system is properly coordinated.
- Assists power plant personnel on maintenance, troubleshooting, and operations of electrical and control systems and equipment. Plant assistance during startup and operation can include after hours and weekends as needed to maintain system reliability.
- Develops and maintains accurate power system computer models for each power generation facilities.
- Assists the Manager – Production Engineering maintain compliance with all applicable NERC and Regulatory Standards.
- Directly supervises and leads Production Engineering employees as assigned, including assignment of work, scheduling, monitoring performance, coaching, and mentoring, disciplinary actions and assuring a high level of work quality.
- Stays abreast of related current scientific developments and governmental regulations and uses every opportunity to become better qualified in this area of responsibility.
- The ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Due to our obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to our customers, the ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance and the ability to work outside your regularly scheduled office hours when necessary is an essential function of the job.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Pursuant to the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited program.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination.
Minimum Experience Required
- Engineer I: No experience required.
- Engineer II: Minimum 2 years’ experience required.
- Engineer III: Minimum 4 years’ experience required.
- Sr Engineer: Minimum 8 years’ experience required.
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Arkansas.
- Engineering Intern (E.I.) license in the State of Arkansas.
- Knowledge of electric power systems.
- Knowledge of power plant processes.
- Knowledge of automation controllers and ladder logic.
- Experience with AutoCAD software.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and Retirement Security Pension Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accruals
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or