Electrical Lab Technician
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Industrial Coating Systems (ICS) designs equipment our global customers rely on for the precise application and curing of liquid paint, powder finishes, container barrier coatings and ambient temperature adhesives and sealants. Production lines work smarter with custom engineered robotic solutions from Nordson Industrial Coating Systems.
Nordson’s technology and products create many of the items you use every day. From life-saving medical devices to cutting-edge manufacturing technology, we help make products used every day, everywhere. Our teams work together with an entrepreneurial mindset to solve interesting challenges that lead to new advancements in manufacturing and serving a diverse array of end markets. In our offices around the world, we offer a supportive culture grounded in integrity and excellence.
The successful Lab Technician will support the Industrial Coatings Systems Product Development team by scheduling, setting up, conducting, and generating reports for various tests related to new product development and sustaining engineering. The candidate will use their electrical and mechanical skills to build test fixtures and prototypes, maintain lab equipment, supplies, and machinery; provide feedback and ideas for improvements to new and current product designs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to create, wire, solder, assemble, and test circuit boards and control panels per schematic and drawing definition
- Troubleshoot an electrical issue without the use of schematics or clear information
- Set up and/or build test fixtures to run the requested tests
- Works and communicates effectively in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Ensure test parameters/goals/purpose are clearly understood at the beginning of all tests
- Displays owner mindset by managing/maintaining all lab materials, supplies, and work areas
- Work closely with other lab technicians to manage lab calendar, schedule, and budget
- Record and document findings per standard test report format in a timely fashion
- Safely operate various equipment, tools, and machinery to conduct tests and related tasks
- Ability to set up and operate various data acquisition equipment
- Ensure all waste is properly handled/disposed of per Hazmat and DOT processes and procedures
- Ensure SDS documentation is received and properly recorded
- Supports Quality team by ensuring timely calibration of instruments
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate Degree in technical discipline, technical certificate, or equivalent years of experience, required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a model shop, lab environment, or other technical field is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Soldering capabilities
- Excellent work ethic and excels in a team environment
- Strong experience with PC’s and MS Office tools
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting ability for test equipment and maintenance support
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with industrial equipment with electrical power up to 480VAC
- Experience with low voltage electronics and industrial controls equipment
- Experienced with hand and power tools
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and troubleshooting preferred
- Software experience with LabView, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Arduino programming preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Lab environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#LI-TT1Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service. ID:uDnQdo